How to Navigate the 2Gen Toolbox to Find Useful Resources
- Use the filter categories in the right-hand menu to more quickly find helpful resources.
- Select any filter category (e.g., Topics, Type of Resources, Audiences, etc.) to specify criteria for the kind of tool or information you are seeking, and the audience that will be using it.
- You can refine your results further by using multiple filters. Using more filters will turn up fewer “tool” results – that are likely more on target.
- The search results always list tools that have been designated as a “Field Pick” at the top your results, no matter when they were created, followed by any other tools that fit with your criteria, starting with the most recent. (A Field Pick is a tool that practitioners download most often and/or consider most helpful.)
- At the bottom of the Filters list, you may choose to access either the Main Toolbox, the Archive, or both. The Main Toolbox includes the most recent and relevant 2Gen tools. Tools that are older but retain relevance to the development of the 2Gen field are in the Archive.
- This version of Toolbox navigation system was initiated in January 2021. Ascend will update and improve it over time. If you have feedback about using it or suggestions about ways to improve it, please contact Brendan Creamer at email@example.com.
The updated 2Gen Toolbox was produced by a partnership between Ascend at the Aspen Institute and the Aspen Institute Community Strategies Group (CSG), and supported by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and the Annie E. Casey Foundation. The inclusion of more than 300 resources in the toolbox reflects input from key 2Gen leaders and consultants, gathered by Karen Murrell (Higher Heights Consulting), Aspen CSG and Ascend. Ascend is grateful for ongoing insights and materials provided by everyone working to advance the field.
The original Two Open Windows (Kim and Watamura, 2015) highlighted research supporting the transition to parenting as a co-occurring sensitive period — i.e., a time in life characterized by “two…
By Stanford SPARQ and The Urban Institute | This toolkit offers program managers, policymakers, educators, activists, evaluators, and other practitioners a framework and measures for effectively designing and scaling more…
By The W. K. Kellogg Foundation | The original Family-Centered Coaching Toolkit was released in August 2017 with the launch of Family-Centered Coaching. Link to resource at the Prosperity Agenda
This presentation from November 2014 shares polling data from Lake Research Partners commissioned by Ascend at the Aspen Institute demonstrating public support for policies and programs that use a 2Gen…
New report analyzing how the Affordable Care Act can improve families’ health and economic stability. September 2014.